Our Aim at Dean Park Primary is to create a learning community where everyone has the opportunity to flourish.
We are committed to supporting the development of the whole pupil and as a result, wish to encourage their development in spiritual, moral, social and cultural terms.
- Creating a school ethos which, in every way possible, gives value to these aspects of development, especially by providing an overall atmosphere that is both caring and challenging and which provides opportunities for the development of personal responsibility.
- Promoting social and moral learning through the way in which disciplinary issues are handled.
- Ensuring that staff and adults within the school provide positive models for pupils.
- Arranging regular gatherings of the school as a community and using such occasions to encourage and reinforce the values on which the school is based.
- Enriching the curriculum in all appropriate areas with an emphasis on spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Providing opportunities within the curriculum to advance personal and social development.
- Providing a programme of religious education in which consideration will be given to responses to basic questions relating to the meaning, value and purpose of human life.
- Providing a programme of moral education.
- Taking every appropriate opportunity to acknowledge, value and appreciate the various cultures and heritage of the pupils and to encourage them to appreciate and value the cultures and heritage of others.